KAVANA JAVA COFFEE CAKE
- 3 Cups Cake Flour, or Thomas Keller Cup 4 Cup GF Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Butter or Miyoko’s Vegan Butter
- 2 Cups Sugar½ Cup Brown Sugar Firmly Packed
- 4 Eggs or 1-12 oz. Container of Just Egg Vegan Egg Substitute
- ¼ Cup Kavana Gold Rum
- ½ Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Brewed Coffee
- ½ Cup Powdered Sugar
Heat oven to 325 degrees, and grease a 9-inch Bundt cake pan.
Combine softened butter, sugar and brown sugar in large mixing bowl. Cream ingredients together about 2 minutes, until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time. Add rum and set mixture aside. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt in another bowl. Fold the flour mixture with the coffee and chocolate chips into the butter mixture. Pour the batter into the cake pan. Bake about 90 min. Test with a toothpick in the center. Let the cake cool 20 minutes, and turn onto cake platter. Dust with powdered sugar.
JAVA RUM SAUCE
- 1 Cup (2 Sticks) Unsalted Butter or Miyoko’s Vegan Butter
- 1 Cup (Packed) Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Cup Kavana Java Rum
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
Melt unsalted butter in heavy medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add dark brown sugar, ground cinnamon, and salt, and whisk until sugar is dissolved and mixture is bubbling and smooth, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat. Whisk in dark rum and vanilla extract. Serve warm with cake.